Do you need to improve your smile with cosmetic dental procedures?
There are many techniques and options to treat discoloured, chipped, misshapen or missing teeth.
Cosmetic dentistry has been around since dentists started restoring and replacing teeth, in effect changing smiles. Today cosmetic dentistry almost became a specialty in dentistry.
Smile dentists are focusing on facial beauty. The demand for change is not only high, but is now technically achievable.
Your smile dentist can
- reshape your teeth
- close spaces
- restore worn or short teeth
- alter the length of your teeth
Your smile dentist will tell you which procedure is the right for you and what technique should be used to improve your smile. The condition of your teeth and desired result you want often indicated the best procedure.
When choosing the right cosmetic dentist you must look around. The first step is to identify that you need or want cosmetic dental change. Secondly, finding the right dentist and ask the right questions.
Most dentists who have taken special training in this area will tell you about their experience and show you before and after photos. Smile analysis and smile design should be the first step for you.
Right questions to ask at the consultation:
- Am I a candidate for cosmetic dentistry?
- Are my goals realistic?
- What will the changes look like?
- What should I expect through the course of treatment?
- What are the risks, benefits and alternatives of your recommendations?
- What are the costs and time involved?
- What type of maintenance will be required?
Before you make your choice of which cosmetic dentist you will choose please make sure you look at:
- Before-after photos - through which you can see the results of other patients treated by the smile dentist and make sure his or her work fits your needs.
- Testimonials will allow you to get a sense of the quality of care the dentist provides
- Proof of continuing education - be certain that your dentist taken courses to keep him or her up-to-date with the latest techniques in clinical cosmetic dentistry.
The treatment starts with a smile analysis and it is crucial to the process of cosmetic improvement. When your smile dentist plans you a complex cosmetic dental treatment everything need to be borne in mind:
- tooth colours, shapes and sizes
- gum health and gum line
- framing the teeth and smile
- tooth alignment
- spacing and bite
- jaw relations upper and lower
- your face, including eyes, lips, skin and more as a whole picture,
because changing one thing can change everything.