Sedation treatment is a safe option for those who don’t like having dental treatment for whatever reason, for those who have a severe gag reflex and for those with a history of a previous bad experience.
During sedation treatment you breathe on your own, this is not like hospital anaesthesia where a machine breathes for you. As such it is a very safe form of treatment.
The sedative medication calms you down and produces an amnesic effect so you won’t remember much after the treatment.
Your dentist will numb your teeth as they routinely do once you are nice and relaxed and treatment time depends on what you are having done.
- Ensure you have something light to eat, you DONT need to starve yourself.
- Keep well hydrated by drinking water as normal
- Ensure to bring a responsible adult with you to escort you and take you home by car (Without this we will NOT be able to sedate you.)
- Take your routine medications as prescribed by your doctor at the routine times.
- DONT eat fatty food s or drink alcohol 48 hours before the appointment
- Wear loose comfortable clothing
- Don’t wear nail varnish
- You will receive the medication through a tube in a vein in your arm or back of your hand
- During the procedure you will feel peaceful and unaware of treatment
- For 24 hours you must be supervised by a responsible adult
- Do NOT DRIVE
- Do NOT operate machinery or use domestic appliances e.g. kettle, oven
- Do NOT sign legal documents
- Do NOT drink alcohol
Comfort Dental Sedation Fees:
- Sedation in London £300 per hour - carried our by an external specialist doctor
- Sedation in Budapest £2850 per hour + £50.00 for every subsequent 15 minutes or part of
For any further information don’t hesitate to contact the surgery.